This article explains how to install and activate a premium WordPress theme – lastly we will cover common errors & troubleshooting.
If you have been using one of our free themes, and are upgrading to the premium version, you will need to delete the free version of the theme before you can install the premium one.
The last step in the guide is for child themes only.
- Login to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Download the premium version by logging into our website.
- Go back to the WordPress dashboard and click the “Add New” button at the top.
- Click “Upload Theme”.
- Click “Choose File”.
- Choose new version of the theme you have downloaded from our website.
- Let it install and then click activate.
- If you are using a Mac your browser might uncompress the theme folder, if that happens then you need to right click the folder and click ‘Compress’ before uploading.
- If you get the error upload_max_filesize in php.ini then you will need to contact your hosting company and ask them t increase the max upload filesize in php.ini, the full error message looks like this: The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.
- If you are using a child theme then you will have to disable both the child theme and parent theme before installing the premium version of the parent theme. All premium themes from parent themes are automatically transfered to the child theme.
- If you have been using one of our free themes, and are upgrading to the premium version, you will need to delete the free version of the theme before you can install the premium one.